Thursday, May 22, 2008

Six Years!

On Saturday, Rich and I celebrated our Sixth Wedding Anniversary! We decided to take turns planning each year, and this was my year...and I did a pretty great job! I decided to make us dinner and eat it in the candle light. He sent me flowers, my favorite flowers, our wedding flowers, yellow gerber daisies, they were beautiful, so I used them as our centerpiece and used yellow candles. I made a fatoush salad (greek and his favorite), cheddar potatoes, breadsticks, and a 12 oz new york strip stake grilled perfectly on grill! Then for dessert we had a chocolate truffle cake! Then after dinner we wrote each other a love note and read them out loud. Rich's letter was beautiful, I love him so much! And the rest, I don't want to share! It was a wonder evening. I am thankful that we take the time to really love one another!

4 comments:

CANDACE said...

happy anniversary! i got teary-eyed when i read about how y'all celebrated. here's to eternity!

M2 (Melissa) said...

Happy Anniversary - Such an adorable couple! I love your wedding picture - so cute! I think you did a great job on the dinner and Richard scored on the flowers etc! Thanks for leaving a little for our imagination!!

Joe & Lara said...

how sweet and congrats! i heard about part of your letter to him- so fitting with the books we're reading! :) hope yall had a wonderful anniversary!
Lara :)

Maria said...

Congratulations, Alissa! Here's to 6 years! Glad you are all doing so well. Hope to see you fairly soon :)