We went to the 10th annual Hobgoblin Parade in Downtown Stuart today. The Parade is for the kids to dress up and walk down the street to all the shops to get candy. So... the kids got to dress up again, but this time Dallin wore his Superman suit and Jillian wore her Tinker Bell dress because their costumes are too hard to put on. And it was really hot! They got there faces painted and then we walked around waiting for the parade to start, but it took forever and we were very hot and had no water. Mema stopped by for a second to drop off our camera, so we took her water bottle that was half full. Then we decided to go get some ice cream and go home. It was fun but too hot!
2 comments:
Alissa -
Hello. I got the purple jacket from D.I. for $2.99. Only I should mention it wasn't purple when I bought it. I then went to walmart and bought the RIT clothes dye. But, that didn't work out, cuz the jacket was too dark to take on the color. So, then I asked a painting contractor that I know (by the name of Mr. Burleigh) if there is any paint I could use to make the jacket purple. He said, "None. It would make the jacket hard and it would get cracks in the paint." The party was getting closer and I was getting super discouraged. So, when all else, fails - go with your gut. Went back to walmart, got a can of plum spray paint and it said, "USE ON: wood, metal, ... blah blah blah and fabric." Gave it a shot and Presto! His jacket was a bit "stiff" but it worked. And it was cheap!
What a fun parade - they have cool events in downtown Stuart :)
Post a Comment