Monday, January 12, 2009

New Years Camping!

This year for New Years we went camping with friends at the Savanna Recreation Area in Ft. Pierce with the gators, really! (see pictures below) We welcomed the New Year cozy around a campfire...I realized I had stayed up for 21.5 because I took my mom to the airport at 4:00a.m. and stayed up until 1:30 a.m. I tried to go to sleep shortly after the New Year rolled in but I couldn't sleep, my mind kept wondering if not one, not two, but three gators were going to get us! And staying up that late really took it's toll on me, it felt like I had partied hard all night and it took a couple of days to recover. The only affect it had on the kids is crankiness with energy! But it was all worth it, the kids had the best time playing with nature all night with their friends. We cooked dinner and when it got dark we roasted marshmallows and made smores...the kids even got to do their own roasting! Tucker's parents brought the kids sparklers to help celebrate the New Year! After a long night, I got up and cooked pancakes and Abby cooked bacon and eggs! Then the kids favorite part was trying out their new fishing polls they had recieved for Christmas. They wanted to catch a fish so bad, but I think the gators ate them all! When we were cleaning up and getting ready to leave, Dallin was playing with the water nozzle. He was turning it and turning until it pop off and water came shooting out like a fire hydrate. Thankfully we had Tucker the fire fighter and Jess to twist it back on. But I wish I could have gotten a picture of it because by the time they had it back on they were soaked! We all had a great time and look forward to keeping this tradition!
Top: Leanne, Breana, Regan, Summer, Meriah, and Dallin
Bottom: Matthew, Jillian, Emma, Caleb and TJay is missing
Gator in water...there was not only this one but three watching us all night!
Tucker and Caleb starting the fire!
Kids sitting around the campfire!
Abby blowing off her flaming marshmallow!
Dallin with a spaluncking(?) light on his head!
Abby showing off her new camera she got for Christmas!
Kids roasting marshmallows!
The kids running around with their sparklers!
Jillian carefully holding her sparkler trying not to get burned like the 4th of July but she still got burned on her hand!:(
Abby showing off her camera again to Amanda! :)
Dallin and Jillian in the tent!
Leanne sleeping in tent...I think she was one of the last ones to wake up!
TJay and Dallin keeping the fire going in the morning.
Good morning everyone!
Abby cooking breakfast! Leanne waiting for a donut!
The kids fishing!
Dallin and Leanne waiting for a fish to bite got tired and had to sit down!

3 comments:

The Horal Clan said...

How fun! You can't leave a comment on Dallin's birthday entry. So I'll leave it here, did you make that cake? If so, turned out so cool. How creative. Looks like it was a fun bday party. Happy birthday Dallin. I remember when you were born, so cute! We are getting OLD!!!
Curls

flmama said...

Dude, this makes me miss all of you guys and the warm weather! More, you all though. ;) Glad to see that you all are doing well. The boys and I plan on being down for a visit sometime soon!

M2 (Melissa) said...

The beach and camping in December - ah man - we are totally the wrong place! I am so jealous!