Thursday, October 15, 2009

He is Here!

Luke D Stoddard was born October 12th at 9:04 p.m. in Stuart Florida. He weighed in at 9 lbs 2 oz and has brownish red hair. He is very health and has all 10 fingers and toes. He did have the cord wrapped around him several times and managed to tie a knot in the cord also. He is truly a miracle baby. I did get induced due to timing and I didn't want him to get any bigger. The midwife broke my water at 8:00 p.m. and he was born 1 hour and 4 minutes later after 3 big pushes. I am so thankful that he came fast since I didn't have any pain medication. His shoulders did get stuck so after that they had to get him out fast so I did get a 3rd degree tear but a real surgeon came a fixed me. I just can't do anything for 2 weeks, which I don't mind... no cooking, cleaning, or driving!! I love being home with my family and our new baby Luke!
Nana is here so that I don't go insane. She has been so helpful and I'm so thankful she is here for 10 days.
Dallin is being the best big brother. He said he loves Luke more than anyone! He wants to hold him all the time and he is really good at it. He has to hold him before school and as soon as he gets home. He wants me to print out a picture of the two of them so he can put it in his frame.
Jillian loves him also but she is trying to soak up all of Nana's attention while she can.
I don't have everything unpacked yet and my cord to my camera for my computer is one of the things still packed. I will post pictures as soon as I find it.

9 comments:

M2 (Melissa) said...

Yeah!! Congratulations on Baby Luke!! I can't wait to see pictures! I can't believe how amazing you are - 9 lbs plus and without meds and with tearing! You are my hero! I SO wish you were close by so we could hang out!!

Unknown said...

Congratulations guys! That is so awsome. It makes me a little baby hungry just hearing about it. Good job Mom for pushing out and with no meds.

THE HINDMANS said...

Congratulations! I can't wait to see him. Take care and if you need anything at all don't hesitate to call me.

Amanda said...

Congratulations! I am so excited that he is here and is healthy. I can't wait to see pictures of your new little guy. Take care of yourself - enjoy your two weeks of rest and holding Luke :)

CANDACE said...

ooh, super super congratulations!!! i read marc your blog about the birth and when he heard the part about the knot he said, "he's gonna make a great boy scout!"

i'm so glad everything went well & you have a healthy baby. <3

day dreamer said...

Congrats, can;t wait to see pictures..rest and get better soon.. We love you..

Maria said...

Alissa!

(typing one-handed ... fyi) first off, Congratulations!

wow. im sure planning to have a med free birth and having to do that NOT planned makes a huge difference! i hope you are doing ok! i really wish i could help out!

get lots of rest and take care of yourself! love and miss you dearly!

debhmom3 said...

Congrats! Enjoy your sweet new baby. Glad you have some help and you are resting like you should. Love from Missouri...

Joe & Lara said...

wow, what a story! he is a miracle baby! and miracle mommy too! :)