Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A Great Mother's Day

I had the best Mother's Day this year, thanks to my family especially Dallin. Every year Richard makes it a wonderful day by cooking me breakfast, having the best card for me, cooking dinner, and cleaning the kitchen so I don't have too. And this year he surprised me our flower, yellow Gerber daisy's (our wedding flower) with a box of chocolate truffles! yummy! Thank you Richard, I love you!
Since Dallin is in school he made me something everyday for Mother's Day. And his school has a mother's day sale for the kids to buy a gift for their moms, so I sent him to school with his money to go shopping. He was so cute, he wanted it to be a surprise, but just like his dad, he can't keep a secret or wait. So about 2 minute after getting in the car that day he said "Just open it, I can't wait." He bought me a beautiful dragonfly pin to wear. The rest of the week I got pictures, coloring, art projects and a handmade necklace! He is so sweet!
And then on Sunday morning at church, the children were asked to go up front to sing a few songs for their mothers. And Dallin jumped right up, took Jillian's hand (although that wasn't necessary, she has never had a problem with showing off her talents in front of the whole church, like the rest of our family) and walked right up front to sing. He has never went up there to sing! I think once we might have pushed him up there, but he was so scared and cried. But he sang almost all the words and waved to us. He wasn't scared at all. It was amazing. Jillie just smiled, while looking adorable. And that was the best Mother's Day gift!

1 comment:

Maria said...

I'm so glad you had a great day! This time is really the time we should cherish. I need to remember that :)